GUIDELINES & BASIC INFORMATION
NPS Channapatna promises the finest education to your child, it is established with a focused dedication towards shaping well-rounded global citizens.
Admissions to National Public School, Channapatna, are open for FootSteps and Grade 01 to 8th Standard. Admissions are given to a child based on the set school policy, irrespective of caste, creed, race, religion and gender. In order to teach effectively NPS maintains the class strength at minimum. Considering that limited number of seats are available and the number of admission seeking children is high it may lead to disappointment in case an admission is not secured. Therefore, the school expects that parents understand the limitations of the school.
Admission offers are made based on the performance in the written test and interview, there will an interaction process. Parents and child meet the Head of school to discuss expectations from both parents and school. Applicants will be informed directly regarding dates for interaction by the school administration. However, the school reserves the right to admit the child directly without the written test and interview based on the previous academic performance of the child.
The academic year starts in the last week of May every year and ends on March 31st of the subsequent year. Application for admission to the classes normally begins much before the start of academic year. Hence, it is desirable that parents keep track of admission notice and complete the formalities within stipulated time. However, a limited number of seats might exist in the middle of academic year for which information may be obtained by sending e-mail to the school.
THE BROADER CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION
There has been a huge demand for the admissions to NPS group of schools. The school has very limited seats available for FootSteps, Grade 01 to Grade 09. As per the policy and Directives of The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) the admission is based on the below guidelines.
- The first priority is for siblings of students.
- The second priority is for children of NPS teachers and other staff members.
- Priority for admission is also listed for alumni of NPS. Since NPS has been functioning since 1959, there are considerable numbers of alumni.
- The next preference is for the nationally mobile group, including central services and other transferable services of India.
- There is also another category of people who are internationally mobile coming from schools outside India. Bangalore is witnessing a large number of this migratory group who are seeking admission to NPS.
- The government prioritizes admission for minorities from different states of India to promote national integration. As such, the school also has status of minority institution.
- Exerting any influence for admission directly or indirectly will be a disqualification.
THE AGE QUALIFICATIONS
|Jr. Toddler||1.5 to 2 year||NIL|
|Class 02||7years||Class 01|
|Class 03||8years||Class 02|
|Class 04||9years||Class 03|
|Class 05||10years||Class 04|
|Class 06||11years||Class 05|
|Class 07||12years||Class 06|
|Class 08||13years||Class 07|
|Class 09||14years||Class 08|
THE DOCUMENTS AND TESTIMONIALS (MANDATORY)
- Application Form
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card Copy
- Parents 1, 2 & Legal Guardian Aadhar Card Copy / Voter ID
- Residence Proof
- Applicant’s Photographs (Passport & Stamp Size, 6 no’s on a white background)
- Parent 1, 2 & Legal Guardian Photographs (Passport & Stamp Size, 3 sets – white background)
- Proof of Date of Birth – Birth Certificate
- Last two (3) years’ report cards or assessment reports
- Original School Leaving / Transfer Certificate from previous school
- Caste & Income Certificate Photo Copy
- BPL Card Photo Copy
- Medical Certificate
REGISTRATION FOR ADMISSION
Admission to the school, open to all children for FootSteps and classes 01 to 09 irrespective of caste, creed, race, religion or gender.
Parents are required to login in the school website and fill in the online application form. They are also required to upload the necessary copies of the testimonials and documents and photograph of the child. After filling up of the form online, the same is required to be printed and signed by both the child and parents and then should be submitted to the school along with copies of the necessary testimonials and documents. In case, the registration fee is not paid online, the same may be paid by a DD in favor of National Public School, payable in Bangalore along with the application. Application form without necessary copies of the documents and fees will not be considered. Registration application fee will not guarantee the admission.
THE ENTRANCE TEST AND THE INTERVIEW
The school administers an entrance test for the students who are seeking admission for various classes. Admission to FootSteps & Grade 01 is based on readiness evaluation. Grade 02 to 09 is finalized based on the performance in the written test; the school notifies the schedule for such tests on the website and also communicated to the parents who have submitted the application form. These are held much before the commencement of the academic year. The students who are shortlisted will be called for a personal interview.
WRITTEN TEST DETAILS
The admission test for various classes, the subjects and marks and the duration is as in the below table.
|Class 2||English, EVS & Mathematics||40, 30 and 30||2 hours, 30 minutes|
|Class 3||English, Science & Mathematics||40||1 Hour|
|Class 4||English, Science & Mathematics||40||1 Hour|
|Class 5||English, Science & Mathematics||40||1 Hour|
|Class 6||English, Science & Mathematics||40||1 Hour|
|Class 7||English, Science & Mathematics||40||1 Hour|
|Class 8||English, Science & Mathematics||40||1 Hour|
|Class 9||English, Science & Mathematics||40||1 Hour|